Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Questions from Readers

1. When were you born?


May 10 -- I don't give out the year, because this is one of those questions they ask when they're verifying identity and stuff like that!


2. Can you tell me about your childhood? Where did you grow up? What interests did you have? Did you like horses/mustangs at an early age?


I lived in a suburban neighborhood outside Los Angeles within a block of both my aunt and my grandmother -- so you can see why my books have a lot to do with family connections. I've always been interested in horses and all kinds of animals. I think this was magnified because I was allergic and couldn't be with them without "paying" by long nights of trying to catch my breath. That doesn't mean I didn't have pets, but they had to be hairless! I had chameleons, newts, salamanders, and of course fish, until I outgrew asthma. Then I started working in a stable-- trading one hour for cleaning stalls for one hour of riding.


3. When you were in high school, what classes did you take?



In high school I took a standard load, plus psychology, creative writing, journalism, newspaper and yearbook. I loved to write and was once accused of plagiarism by a new teacher who wasn't familiar with my work. I had to bring samples of my other writing and then sit in a room and "produce" something of equal quality as a test! Good preparation for future deadlines, but it sure hurt my feelings! Oh, I passed that teacher's test, by the way!


Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 9:14 PM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: Is that where you got the idea of Darby being like that and getting accused of plagiarism??
  Yep, you're right!
  Post a Comment