Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Friday, October 24, 2008

Silver Herd of Horses





Dear Readers,
I love Nevada's state quarter, so wanted to share.
Also, thanks SO much to all of you who've already bought SNOWFIRE and are writing to tell me how much you love it. You make me happy, too, just by sharing your enjoyment.
Hugs,
Terri


Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 7:39 AM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: o my gosh, it's so pretty!! I'm going to get one of these and save it forever!!!! Thanks for sharing it!
  Nevada is my fave(because it has horses on it!!!). I have all the state quarters except for Hawaii And Alaska

Courtney
  I have all the state quarters except for Hawaii and Alaska, but two of my VERY most favorite ones are Nevada and Kentucky. Because they have horses. Nevada's is one of the prettiest!
  I just wanted to thank you for sending me the cover I won! It looks GREAT!
  Here's a little more of the story of this quarter:

CARSON CITY -- Nevadans have chosen a design featuring three wild horses galloping across a valley with snow-capped mountains in the background for their state quarter, state Treasurer Brian Krolicki announced.

Krolicki said 32 percent of the 59,000 people who cast ballots online and by mail during May favored the wild horses theme.

"A quarter of the votes came from kids," Krolicki said. "It was literally the kids that made the difference. The little people have really taken this to heart and I think they delivered the wild horse."
  Post a Comment