Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Monday, December 12, 2011

INTO THE WIND --

Dear Readers, On the first day I saw Ghost Dancer in the BLM corrals, fresh off the Calico Mountain range, she gave me her story. I've been writing it ever since, and I'm sharing Chapter One of INTO THE WIND in my newsletter.
This December newsletter drops nto emailboxes around the world at midnight Pacific time. If you'd like to read it, there's still time to register, here: http://phantomstallion.com/newsletter.shtml
Interestingly, Dancer wasn't in a mare corral. I assumed -- as did Mark Terrell, the photographer who took this photo -- that the beautiful Medicine Hat horse  was a young stallion. She was, after all, in a stallion pen, but she stood alone, a sacred symbol standing amid the dung, and the others kept their distances.
Some of you know I bought Dancer, a "sale authority" horse. She could have legally gone to slaughter. Instead, she roams 5,000 acres of the Wild Horse Sanctuary in Shingletown, California.

I hope you enjoy the first pages of her story, even if she does play them as a boy!
Best,
Terri



Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 5:08 PM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: she is a pritty horse i wish i had her
  I liked it Mrs. Farley, very adventurous. I have to say though Im seeing more and more books these days with the animal's point of view and while its always neat, its just soo common. I have to say your phantom and island books will always be my fav.
...you know what would be neat? if we had references to characters from phantom stallion whithin the books!! OH it would be soo cool if you could do the life of phantom when he escaped from the ranch and his life growing up as a mustang until Sam comes back or something!! just ideas
Jane
  I liked it Mrs. Farley, very adventurous. I have to say though Im seeing more and more books these days with the animal's point of view and while its always neat, its just soo common. I have to say your phantom and island books will always be my fav.
...you know what would be neat? if we had references to characters from phantom stallion whithin the books!! OH it would be soo cool if you could do the life of phantom when he escaped from the ranch and his life growing up as a mustang until Sam comes back or something!! just ideas
Jane
  Post a Comment