Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Monday, October 03, 2005

Golden Retrievers with Hooves

Hi!
I get to do some of the greatest research! Lately I've been admiring BIG horses.
For a peek -- visit www.gvhwest.com, where you'll see some amazing Gypsy Vanners. One of these horses will play a role in book 23 of the Phantom series and though I knew Vanners were beautiful, I'd never spent time with them.
When I walked into a pasture of mares and foals (without food, they acted as if we'd been buddies for years. Really, mares and foals were cuddling and begging for scratches. The foals were romping & getting all four hooves off the ground, asking me to chase them.
Even the stallion, Romipen, was great. Lynn (his owner) turned him out into a big pasture & he charged the fence, clacking his teeth to scare his yearling son in the adjoining paddock. Then, he galloped around snorting and prancing and rearing to impress the mares in another pasture. But he still came when he was called a million times better than my dog. Amazing horse behavior -- especially since they just moved there and the horses are still settling in.
I don't get it...must be in their DNA from pulling those caravans all over Europe and camping with the kids each night.
Lynn said that anyone who's in the area of Lodi, California (not far from Sacramento), is welcome to stop in and visit. If you ever have the chance, you should take her up on it. Believe me, you won't be sorry.
Best,
Terri


Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 2:27 PM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: Post a Comment