Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Friday, January 26, 2007

Visiting the Phantom

Dear Readers,
I spent yesterday & the day before visiting the Phantom at the Wild Horse Sanctuary in Shingletown, California. He's still in a pasture with Shy and Lily and he's been rolling in the red dirt until he's turned his silvery mane almost auburn!
Since the Phantom has a habit of running for home territory (which is five hours away by car), the sanctuary riders are checking every inch of fence before he's free again in new wild horse country.
I'll share some photos with you soon. Getting close to the Phantom in the open -- safely -- wasn't easy, but staying wild is the point of this sanctuary. Still, the big guy likes this new thing called HAY and while he was packing it away, I was able to get a good look at him.
When you see the photos, I think you'll agree with me that the Phantom was mostly amused by my human antics!
I'm talking to Dianne at the sanctuary about establishing a PHANclub -- get it? :) -- with special rewards & privileges for members. More about that later, too!
Talk with you soon,
Terri


Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 10:24 AM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: Post a Comment