Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thursday FAQs

Q: I was amazed at what Rachel said to Samantha in RUN AWAY HOME. Did you know all along that that was going to happen?
A: Nope, it surprised me, too. I wrote that scene and thought I was finished with it when Rachel said, "He has the best tax attorney money can buy...and we shall hope that is enough."
Then, I heard her walk away, heard the kids in class start to relax and talk and then, totally without warning, I heard Rachel's high heels tapping back down the hall toward the classroom! When those words came out of her mouth, I wondered if they were just an after thought or if she'd been trying to get up the nerve to say them. I did have a little more respect for her, after that.

Q: I was practically celebrating with Sam when Linc got arrested! Oh I've been meaning to ask, how is Slocum pronounced -- Slah-come or Slo-com?
A: The second way & yes, after all the awful things he's done, I loved putting him in jail!

Q: So, Sam & Jake are at least on the edge of being in love, right?
A: Sam & Jake's friendship has definitely changed over the course of 24 books, hasn't it? The friendly-enemy sparring started when they were kids, and when Sam returned to River Bend and saw Jake pitched off that little mare, they just got right back to what was normal -- for them.
I think they are headed toward being boyfriend/girlfriend, or shy Jake would never have held Sam's hand! In love, though...hmmm...knowing those two, I think that will happen when they're older -- after they've been to college and had lots of adventures together & apart.

Q: Is it fun writing the new series and when will it come out?
A: I'm having a wonderful time exploring wild Hawaii through the eyes of Darby, a newcomer to horses and Hawaii! The first WILD HORSE ISLAND book, The Horse Charmer, will be out on May 22 and most stores will have it on the book shelves no later than June 1.

Q: Have you ever been in a horse show?
A: Yes, when I was really young. The two I remember best are when I rode in Western Pleasure and didn't come close to placing because I'd never ridden the horse before ; I was a friend's last minute replacement because she was late getting back from a lunch break!
I also showed a Quarter Horse mare named Dyna-Mite (Popcorn is sorta based on her!) in a halter class and earned a second place ribbon -- all because of Dyna, believe me!

One more thing : An AP (Associated Press) newspaper story about the Phantom and his foal will appear in newspapers across the country this weekend, but I don't know which ones!!! Just keep your eyes open for photographs of the Phantom and Rain Cloud, his "buttermilk and buckskin" son and please email me if you see it!
Happy trails,
Terri


Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 5:43 PM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: Post a Comment