Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Sunday, March 23, 2008

writer tip

Good morning all,
One of my reader/writers asked such a good question, that I asked her permission to share and she agreed. Hope it helps you, too!
Terri


Hello Terri,

I was just wondering, after you finished writing one of your books, where did you go next? like the next step on getting it published. I just finished getting my book edited, i have the manuscript printed and bound, i just don't know if i should go a head and take it to a publisher, or what to do! Am i missing a tiny step that important in the publishing field?

HI Heather,
The most totally up-to-date information on this (which even I don't have!) is available in the WRITERS GUIDE which is published every year by Writer's Digest. I bet your library has a copy. If not, most bookstores do. If I were you, I'd consult a library copy if you can, because it's expensive. Things change so fast in the publishing industry -- how editors want to see a manuscript, etc. -- that this is the step I'd definitely recommend. Also, there's a listing of editors, by name, and what they'd like to see and buy!
This is such a great question, I think I need to use it on my blog (if you don't mind) because a lot of people don't think of that last step which is the difference between publication and rejection.
Good luck!
Terri


Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 5:12 PM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: Post a Comment