Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Book Worth Reading

Dear Readers,
MUSTANG by Deanne Stillman is an excellent non-fiction book about the history of wild horses in America.
I'm honored to be a source for it and so glad Deanne is receiving nationwide praise for using her journalistic skills to speak for the horses.
Melissa Holbrook Pierson, a reviewer for Orion magazine wrote a truly perceptive review of MUSTANG. Here's a peek at it:

"THE STORY of the American wild horse, for two hundred years or more, has in fact been two tales, a simultaneous duplicity: vaunted icon of freedom; scapegoat, victim, villain...
"The mustang is unaware of its most important service: “being wild and free for the rest of us.'

Couldn't be more true.
Best,
Terri


Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 3:46 AM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: Hi Terri and feloow bloggers:

Thank u Terri; I like to learn of the history of our nation and horses; I hope some of our elected Politicians read this book; (or any books about Horses...

then after they read these books; then maybe they will realize; Our Nation is about Saving the Wildlife; and protecting the environment; and protecting Critters; saving the Land; keeping our waterways clean; planting trees; atleaast this is the way I see things; thanks Terri; a.wahpoose ps The American Indians have the right idea about mother nature; they protected Mother Nature; and presevered her beauty;...Plant a tree today ! anna

ps a student could do a wonderful report using the Mustang history book as a source for information...
  Teri- go check out todays blog entry for Browneyed Cowgirl. It's an interesting take on what is actually happening around one certain area of the country in regards to the mustangs. It's worth yur while as an advocate to check it out!
And while you're at it stop by mine and say hi!
  thanks for the peek. maybe i will try to get it at the library.
  HI all -- thanks for all the comments & involvement. Hey, Vaquerogirl, I went to Browneyed's blog & posted, but I'm having trouble on yours. For a while I was signed up & getting updates, but no more! :(
I can read it, of course, but I don't appear to be subscribed.
  I'm reading dawn runner and when jen was talking about princess kitty's other foal, did you know back then that you were going to write a book about her?
  I knew I wanted to do it! I mean, a full sister to the Phantom? How could she not be outstanding? There are so many little tidbits like that in my books ; I wish I could write them all!
  Yeah. It would be cool to write books about Gabe and Firefly. And a book about Sam and the Phantom when he was a colt. Or about Jen when she was homeschooled.
And Hoke certainly is outstanding.
p.s. i love sorrels!
  That book sounds so cool! Thank you for sharing that, I will definitely be looking for it. P.S. On here, Terri, do you ever check out the commenters blogs? Like, yours says Terri Farley, and it is blue, and I check that out, and I'm sure others do too, but I was wondering if you checked out other people blogs too. Just wondering. =^D
  Post a Comment