Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Zorses

Dear Readers,


Do you know the difference between a zorse and a hebra? Ever heard of a zonkey?
Here's a photo of a beautiful zorse. While I was searching for it


I ran across this great ranch website which taught me a lot about zorses.
http://www.spotsnstripes.com

Here's a fill-in-the blank before you find out for sure on that site:

Anyone who can train a ______________ can train a zorse.

Have fun !
Terri


Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 7:23 AM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: Zorses and Zonkeys! Zonkeys are a corss between donkeys and Zebras and Zorses and zebras and horses.

I have heard of them before. The first Zores I ever knew about was named Ecclise. I have a posted of her on my wall. Her birth was an accident, someone got a Zebra form a Circus and somehow she got in with one of his stallions.


A small pinto foal was born but there was something different about her. In her brown spots she had darker brown STRIPES and in her white spots she had Greyish stripes! this was truly a creature of two worlds.
  Oh my word its hard to believe that's a real animal... wow I think its differnt but beautiful. Is the answer: Anyone who can train a horse can train a zorse? Again wow.. what an animal... I wonder can they breed to zorses together?
~Rach
  Oh wow its gorgeous!I especially loved the zorse you had in one of your last newsletters!
K.
  yes it is a gorgeous creature. This one is prettier than Ecclise
  YES! The first zorse i ever saw was Eclipse. There was an article about her in young rider magazine.
  YOU SAW IT TOO BUTTERSCOTCH PONY??? WOW WOW WOW GLAD I AM NOT ALONE!
  So cute!!! is the difference between a zorse and a hebra whether the father or mother is the horse? Or zebra? and does anyone know out there if they use the terms dam and sire for zorses/hebras? just curious
What's this Zorse's name, do you know?
  oh, almost forgot, zonkeys are zebras /donkeys, right?!?!
  I am not sure. Dunno. I do kow Mules are with a specific creature as the paretn. I think a mule is a female horse and a male donkey but I can't be sure. Could be the other way around. I'll look into Zorses and Herbas and Zonkeys. If I Find anything I'll let you know
Jenny.



Violet (again)
  Post a Comment