Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Sunday, May 01, 2011

Happy Festival of Flora!


Dear Readers,
May Day is the sharp-sweet scent of daisies and the sound of running feet, to me, because it was one of my mother's favorite holidays.
On May Day eve, my little brother and I would weave little baskets out of green paper strips. We got up early the next morning to fill our baskets with daisies and violets, sometimes a pink geranium or two, then we stampeded into 30 minutes of parent-sanctioned doorbell ditching.
After hanging our little baskets on doorknob, we'd ring the bell and run to the next house.
Enjoy your first day of May -- festival of the goddess Flora -- and sniff a flower for me!
Happy May Day,
Terri

Labels:



Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 10:08 AM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: its May 2nd.. but happy flower month anyway! =) Maybe I'll send myself some sunflowers.. my fav! =)

Contrary to cartoons.. many flowers are poisoness to horses so make sure you check!

best
Rach
  Post a Comment