Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Menagerie

Q: I know by the way you write that you like all animals -- especially dogs and cats -- in addition to horses, but do you like any unusual animals? Like, I have snakes and they're not slimy and they do respond to handling -- in a good way!
Q: What's your favorite breed of dog?
Q: What kind of cat is Cougar? Have you ever had a pedigreed cat? What was it?

A: It's pet week in my mailbox! So, I'll answer all of the above.

--First, I've never owned any snakes, but since I was seriously asthmatic, my pets had to be furless. I had : a black newt named Jackie & a maroon salamander named Elmer; two desert tortoises, April and August; Penny, my famous chameleon. And, though she wasn't really mine...the first gift I ever gave my husband (when he was my college boyfriend) was a hamster. He promptly named her Fang.

--I love dogs, so it's hard to pick a favorite breed, but if I were forced, I'd have to say Collies & German Shepherds. In fact, I wrote Gal, the German Shepherd in RUN AWAY HOME in honor of my dog Rosie, who died not long ago. She was such a good dog and I miss her.

-- Cougar is a barn kitty -- a mixed breed cat whose heritage I couldn't guess. I've never had a pedigreed cat, but two were half Siamese. Most of my cats have been rescues and I like that "breed" just fine!


Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 7:46 PM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: Post a Comment