Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Monday, December 28, 2009

Holding Hope for Horses


Dear Readers,
I wish I had better news.
Why is BLM being secretive ?
It appears that they're herding wild horses onto private lands, but won't say where. If the horses are on tribal lands, they are in another nation, which would mean anything could legally happen to the horses.
BLM says the private landowners are barring trespassers -- the press and public.
Some reporters have been told the captive horses be held at Palomino Valley. Others have been told the horses are going to Fallon, Nevada.
I have a bad bad feeling about this, and I'm not alone. There will be rallies to protest these round ups all over the world -- Chicago, Boulder, Colorado, San Francisco, London and more. If you want to go and need more info, please let me know.
Still, I want to see those horses for myself.
Stampeding those in-foal mares down shale hillsides in the snow...
I'm having nightmares and I'm still awake.
Terri



Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 11:04 PM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: That horse in that picture is BEAUTIFULL. I will have nightmares for sure. Before this I wasn't to serious about mustangs. Now I am.
  I am so mad I don't know what to say.:( I can't believe they're getting away with this. Under the Obama administration.

~quarterhorseyes
  I can not believe that!!! I haven't had nightmares for a long time but I think i will have one tonight! I agree with you! I think they are doing it for the good of the cattleman. I have always loved the way how mustangs are so free and unable to be tied down. With what they are doing wild horses will just be a legend.
Save the mustangs!
  Post a Comment