Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Sunday, November 17, 2013

No, No, A Thousand Times No -- with this exception.

Morning Glory Farm and the family that feeds an island 



Dear Readers,
Almost daily, I'm asked to read an unpublished story and tell the author what I think of it.
My publishers have strongly discouraged me from doing that. Why? They say that many published authors are accused of stealing ideas.
It's easy to say "No" to people I don't know, but when one of my friends or readers ask me to critique their book or story, it's a lot harder. Still, I refuse because I (selfishly) need time to write my own books, hang out with my family, and walk the dogs.
I make an exception every 18 months for the SCBWI Mentorship Project.
Now, I'm making one more exception. I've donated a line edit (correcting grammar, sentence structure, etc) and critique for up to 30 pages of a manuscript to an online auction to raise money for the Red Cross’s Typhoon Haiyan Appeal.
Typhoon Haiyan slammed into the Philippines on November 8, causing catastrophic damage. It is the strongest storm ever to make landfall, hitting an area where thousands of people and animals -- wild and domestic -- are already homeless after an earthquake in mid-October.

Philippine Red Cross volunteers have been on the ground since before the storm hit, helping with evacuation plans and warning communities. Now, they are getting aid to the people who are most in need, and they need our help

Click here to see my donation    AUTHORS FOR THE PHILIPPINES
but hundreds more authors have donated 451 items from adult and kids' books, online writing classes and author visits to editing by a Pulitzer Prize winner and the chance to have a book dedicated to you or "appear" in a graphic novel! 

Hint: I had to scroll down lower than normal to see stuff, so if the page doesn't seem to be changing, try that!

HOW TO KEEP A BOY AS A PET COVER


The Rescue Princesses - The Rainbow Opal by Paula Harrison
Jackie Morris15-1-im-LeftPhoto-5406
The auction is now LIVE !
You may bid on the items until Wednesday, November 20.

p.s.  With 451 items up for auction, the bidding isn't always pricey.  You may want to do holiday shopping and good deeds at the same time!

Labels: ,



Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 3:02 PM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: Post a Comment