Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Monday, December 08, 2008

FUN for you & the horses

Dear Readers,
I just opened the new issue of the WILD HORSE AND BURRO NEWSLETTER. This newsletter is for anyone who loves equines and is aimed at "helping people help people to help animals."
I hadn't read very far before I knew I had to share something cute with you.
There's an article featuring horse owners' answers to the question, DOES YOUR HORSE OR BURRO PLAY WITH TOYS?
Here's a sample answer:

****I gave my gelding a big rubber ball. He doesn’t seem to play with it on his own. I do go out grab up the ball and play games with him, kind of like soccer. He loves the attention, and gets excited about it. I went out early one morning and I saw him playing with a teddy bear on his own. I think he took it from the dogs, he loved it a lot. Some years ago, we had another gelding who loved to play with empty milk jugs. He would kick them about, grab them up and toss them across his pen, just to keep him entertained. ***

If you'd like to read the entire article or get a FREE subscription, click
HERE.
And if you have a horse buddy with a scraggly mane, you'll want to read about detangling, too.
I may have to try some of those techniques on Whiskey, my mustang pal, since he looks like he's wearing dredlocks.
Have fun,
Terri


Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 8:09 AM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: Is Whiskey your own Mustang? Do you have any others?
  That part about sort of playing soccer reminds me of in your book "Firefly" (#18?) when Gabe is playing soccer with pirate/firefly. remember?
  Post a Comment