Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Isn't he a big beauty?

Big Duke: The 6ft 7in Shire horse that keeps getting bigger

He tends to thunder or rumble past rather than canter or trot. Can you imagine trying to saddle this huge horse? Oh, wouldn't he make a magical horse for a medieval knight? I'd love to write this story!!!

Take a look at Duke

Let him stride through your imagination and enjoy!
Terri


Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 8:53 PM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: He is HUGE! But he also looks so cuddly and nice. Wouldn't it be totally fun to ride him? It would be like having a bird's eye view of the world. Exciting!!! :-D
  He is sooooo BIG( and BEAUTIFUL)....lol. My Best Friends brother(he's a 6'7 football player) would come up to this horses withers...lol.

Courtney
  So cute!! but huge! I'd have to get a huge leg up to mount him...I'm only 5'3!
  My dad would sooo want this horse. He loves big draft horses like that! he was just wondering what the biggest horse was, I'll have to tell him about big duke! I'm only 5'0", he'd be sooo cool to ride!!!!
  Hey Terri,
This horse and what you said gave me a great idea!You should write a book in medieval times or perhaps one about pirates(i would really love the one about pirates)about a girl who grew up in those times...
  HI -- I actually ALMOST sold a book about Anne Bonney and Mary Read, two female pirates before I sold the PHANTOM series. It was called Pirates in Petticoats, and the story is still near to my heart. The cool thing is that the editor who wanted to buy it is still a good friend. And want to know why it was turned down by the senior editor? Because she thought it was too undignified!
Oh well, if I'd become the pirate writer, I might never have written about the Phantom.
Things work out!
  That is so true and I absolutely LOVE the Phantom Stallion!(and was Pirates in Petticoats a nonfiction/fiction book?What age level?)
  Post a Comment