Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The best PHANTOM photo ever!

Dear Readers,
MELISSA FARLOW, an incredible National Geographic photographer has taken one of the best photos EVER of the real Phantom. The February issue will show photos of many wild horses, but if you'd like a preview, try going here:

Nat'l Geo's Wild Horse Story

I don't have to give you a hint. You'll spot the Phantom instantly!

Reading rocks,
Terri
P.S. Lots of you want to see more photos of the real Phantom, and you can do that several places. If you go to PhantomStallion.com and click on the Phantom Fun page, then go ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the way down to the bottom, you can see some shots taken soon after he, Shy and Rain Cloud were brought in off the range. You can send postcards of him from my website, too.


Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 3:44 AM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: Wow those are champion photos! How many colts and foals did the Phantom sire, do you have an idea? I hope I can be a photographer or illustrator like Ms.Farlow. =0)
~Rach
  That IS one of the best pictures I've ever seen of him!!!! He is so BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Courtney
  So far, the only foals I know about are Rain Cloud (he was adopted by one of my readers ; Phantom & Shy, his dam, moved to Shingletown without him) and Phantom's Pride (named by my wonderful readers!), borne by Shy at the sanctuary.
The Phantom has lived up to his name since he was set free.
  Champion. Do you have pictures of them somewhere online? I wish some video documenter could trace the Phantom and his family. Sort of like the famous horse "Cloud" from National Geographic.

~Rach
  Wow! Those photos are amazing!
  You can see more photos of the real Phantom in my photo album on Phantomstallion.com
  Hi from Anna;

I couldn't see the Mustangs in the parade either; I bet the 10 Mustangs are gald to be home
in Wa and Mt though !
I have mixed feelings about these roundups; the stress on each Horse; not knowing why they are being rounded up; must be terrible;
The articles about "The Wild Horse Preservations and Refuges;
run by volunteers is the snswer;imo
Wild Horses should be allowed to run free; not put in man's stalls;
Horse Sanctuaries are the answer;
Susan Sussman wrote; "Building trust"—that's the mantra of Karen Sussman, president of the International Society for the Protection of Mustangs and Burros. The society gives four herds sanctuary in South Dakota—and safety from BLM roundups. "When older horses are taken away, herd wisdom disappears," Sussman says. I thank Susan for helping these Mustangs; there are other Horse sanctuaries in the usa too.

Horses are Herd animals; I hope the BLM stops rounding them up soon; and opens a Horse Sanctuary; pr people can adopt a Mustang as a trail horse or a companion pet; or pasture pal for another Horse; anna
ps cool horse pictures !
  Wow, that is the best picture I've ever seen of the Phantom! He looks just like his name! A Phantom, a ghost!
  That is an awesome picture! It's so amazing! I've already seen the pics on phantomstallion.com (one of my fav sites) and their awesome too!
  those photos are beautiful!!! thanks! I cant wait to see the phantom in national geographic!!!
(when my mom is done with it i will cut the picture of him out and save it!)
  Post a Comment