Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Monday, November 23, 2009

Fiesta de la Brain


Dear Reader/Writers,
A writer's brain is always trying to spin stories. When I give writng workshops, I sometimes mention the glory of MIS-hearing things and letting my brain make creaive sense of it.
That happened again this morning. I'm not sure what was said on the radio, but what I heard wouldn't have fit the context.
I heard "flotsam adolescents".
What a perfect term for teens left flailing after a family disaster. I'm using it!
Let your brain run free and, oh yeah, KEEP SWIMMING!
Terri

P.S. If you're not sure of the difference between flotsam & jetsam (not the LITTLE MERMAID eels!) here's the Wikki def--
jetsam has been voluntarily cast into the sea
flotsam describes goods that are floating on the water without having been thrown in deliberately, often after a shipwreck


Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 7:49 AM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: Post a Comment