Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Friday, December 11, 2009

Wild Horse Sorrow


BLM Investigating Possible Shooting Deaths of Wild Horses in Northern Washoe County, Nevada
Investigators from the U. S. Bureau of Land Management are looking into the suspected shooting deaths of up to six wild horses on public land along the Nevada-California border about 45 miles northeast of Susanville, Calif.

The bodies of six mustangs were discovered Saturday, December 5, by a helicopter pilot working on a wild horse round-up in the BLM’s Buckhorn Herd Management Area in Washoe County, Nev. BLM staff members who went to the scene said five carcasses were found in one area, and another was found about a half-mile away.

Officials said several of the animals had evidence of gunshot wounds. They estimated the animals had been dead for about two weeks.

Labels: , ,



Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 5:07 PM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: I vow.... someday I will do something to stop these acts. Sure, I contribute what i can now as a teenager. But if I grow older, God willing I'm going to help end this murder craze.

-and that pen the horse is in (in the picture) looks smaller than my neighbour's dog kenel.

~Horsefeathers
  I wish so badly I could do something to stop this completely. I don't get it, why would someone be so cruel? It's so hard hearing about all of this, knowing you have no real power to stop it.
  Post a Comment