Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Where is Freedom?

I don't know if I've ever been so disheartened by BLM.
Carelessness and cruelty amount to the same thing when a tiny foal starves to the brink of death. Then, because life is cheap at Indian Lakes ranch in Fallon, Nevada, his "protectors" kill him.
I won't post the foal's photo here. A better memorial is for us to imagine his spirit roaming free beside another of his kind.
I hope you'll watch Jim Gawne's tribute to a defiant Calico stallion, here:
A wild one wins


Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 10:25 PM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: Wow.. that was an amazing clip!! I loved the video of Freedom escaping. It just goes to show you that freedom isn't free.

~HorseFeathers
  Oh and I reccomend reading "The Big Wander" by Will Hobbs. It is an excellent book about the range and wild horses.
~HorseFeathers
  Post a Comment