Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Literacy before 7 a.m




This morning I checked my email, looked at two nearly identical bags of coffee beans and discerned which was caffeinated. I eyed the directions on a red medicine bottle and then hid a pill in a teaspoon of crunchy peanut butter for Zito, our spaniel-retriever. Entering the gym, I noticed an ALERT! No hot water for showers today. That would’ve been a surprise. I’d forgotten my ear buds, but I read the closed captioned news as I slip-slided away on the elliptical trainer...

We take literacy for granted.
I could have done most everything above, but it would’ve required coping. And stress. 
THANK YOU to parents and teachers who opened my world to words! 


 Reading Rocks!

                                         

Labels: ,



Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 8:43 AM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: Post a Comment