Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

One World, Everybody Eats

Dear Readers,
I'm in Salt Lake City for a Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators conference and right after Sydney Salter (go HERE to enter contests and read about her books) picked me up from the airport, we went to a really interesting place for lunch.
If you've read my blog for a while, you know that I don't write about restaurants, but ONE WORLD, EVERYBODY EATS is different.
It is open seven days a week and you pay think the healthy, tasty food is worth.
If you don't have enough to pay for your meal, you can wash dishes or volunteer to work for what you eat.
The restaurant even has a motto: A hand up, not a hand out.
I like it,
Terri


Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 2:58 PM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: i to agree with this slogan! =0) Somtimes people can get lazy and just expect people to feed them or give them food. If they are of sound mind and an able body than they can work to eat and provide for their famlies if need be. What's your favorite food : Chinese, Italian, Mexican?
~HorseFeathers
  I enjoy all of the ethnic foods you mentioned. Probably because I lived in southern California, not far from Mexico, that's my favorite and probably the style of cooking I do best.
I also love fruit and chocolate :)
  I really love that idea. Probably many people can't afford (moneywise) a nice dinner out, but most people could afford (timewise and motivationwise) to help out a few hours to pay for the meal. Too bad I don't live anywhere near Salt Lake City.:)

~quarterhorseyes
  I hope it's an idea that will spread. The restaurant is run by only two paid employees. The rest are volunteers, so profits go mostly to rent & buying organic food.
  Post a Comment