Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Morning Always Comes


Ghost Dancer & Shell Flower are gone from the Fallon corrals

Dear Readers,
Morning always comes.
My morning has brought a brighter view of things.
First, the judge did not side with BLM ; he dismissed our case.
It's not the same thing and it IS much better for the horses and for those of us who have just begun to fight.
This may seem like nit-picking, but here's my view of what Judge Friedman said:

a) the part of our case which tried to stop the round-up was "moot" (has no legal significance) because the BLM did not take his suggestion to stop it and it was already over

b) the part of our case that said we the plaintiffs (acting for you and the horses) said we would be damaged by taking of the horses from the range, didn't SPECIFICALLY say we'd all be damaged by mustangs being moved to long-term holding.
To me, it was like saying if a thief had already burst through my front door despite my protests and dogs, he'd earned the right to rob me.
But I'm no attorney and the truth is, the judge left us possibilities to sue BLM for illegal long-term holding of our horses, cruelty, etc.
Am I happy? NO.
Am I giving up? NO WAY.
Hoping you won't either,
Terri


Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 7:08 AM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: oh thank you!! dont give up, you have a wild heart, i signed up for the petition.
Ashley harman. ten years old.
  Post a Comment