Latest Instagram Photos



Subscribe with Bloglines

Terri Farley
HomeBooksThe AuthorConnectEducationWild Horses


       Weblog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday Night with the Bandit

Dear Readers,
This JUST in from Palomino, Honeybandit and Chino the understanding dog:
Well it is 9 PM on Saturday night and I just got off the phone with the vet. Honey Bandit had a very good day, with the exception of some tummy issues. He now has a full blown case of scours, which if left uncontrolled can turn bad very fast. Luckily I have medicine from before, so we are starting that tonight.

He seems to feel pretty good. He just laid down with his head on the dog. With the exception of getting scours again, Honey Bandit seems to be making some good progress. He knows he is faster than me. So if he walks in front of me and I don't keep up from the get go, he can take off and I can't catch up. He thinks that is great fun. He is showing some real attitude when he wants to do something besides what I want.

Today he actually kicked up his heels pretty good. He spent about an hour next to Patches and they just sat and ate together.

He seems to be having some sort of reactions to noise or vibrations. I am starting to think that someday he may have his hearing back.

Our little boy seems to be coming back little by little. So hopefully this little tummy episode will be an easy fix and he will continue to get better every day. I think that he and Patches are going to be great friends. I hope so. He seems to be doing so much better, but we still have to remember that he is not out of the woods yet. There is no way to know how much permanent damage there was to his organs from being so starved. So we just take it one day at a time and keep praying for him.

Labels:



Permalink to this blog post

Posted by Terri Farley @ 11:03 PM

Bookmark and Share




Comments: Hi there;

so glad you got the meds for the scours; you go little honeybandit

everyone loves you ! including me!

Anna
  Post a Comment